Marcus Practice Solutions, Inc.

dental marketing & practice specialists for over 30 years

Marcus Practice Solutions, Inc.

dental marketing & practice specialists for over 30 years

Marketing for a Non-Insurance Driven Practice

- Judy Marcus, President/Client Coach

To have a non-insurance-driven practice you have to have enough new patients coming in every month who can afford to pay for their dentistry, even when it’s not covered by insurance.

If this is a problem for you, I can help you quickly resolve it by addressing one or both of two possible issues.

First - Make sure your marketing includes the right “message”.

The message is what your marketing says, what you’re offering to potential new patients.

A lot of the dental marketing I see – websites, Google ads, social media, postcards, etc. – is heavily focused on “having a great looking smile”, along with pictures of attractive people who have one.

What’s wrong with that? Doesn’t everyone want a nice smile?

I did a market research study on over 100,000 dental patients across the country to find out for myself what most dental patients wanted from a dentist, dentistry, and a dental practice.

Only 9% of the patients from my study mentioned wanting to improve their smile. 76% answered in common with something totally different!

If your marketing is all about “have a great looking smile” (or similar), it’s only appealing to 9% of potential patients who see it. So you’re missing out on the other 91%.

You don’t have to remove the smile. There’s nothing wrong with it. Just add in to your marketing message what’s important to the higher percentage of patients as well, and you will attract more people! This is very easy to do.

Second – What type of marketing are you doing?

Depending on the income demographics of the areas close to your practice, certain types of marketing get you a better result than others.

If you’re like most of my clients, you want 20 – 40 “financially qualified” (able to pay for their necessary care, regardless of insurance coverage) new patients each month. The right type of marketing is much more likely to reach this kind of patient.

A non-insurance-driven practice is very different from a “corporate-style” dental practice that takes every form of insurance and runs strictly on volume. Some marketing companies don’t understand this, which can result in doing the wrong marketing for your style of practice.

Some simple adjustments to your marketing will straighten this out and you can start attracting the right new patients to your practice usually within about 4 – 6 weeks. 

At our first appointment, as part of your free 1-hour Non-Insurance-Driven Practice Coaching Session, we’ll review the marketing you’re doing, and I’ll tell you how whoever is doing your marketing can fix up the “message”, and adjust the type of marketing, as needed, for your practice demographics.

If you don’t currently have a marketing company you’re confident can and will get everything you need done right, I’ll tell you who to contact to get it done correctly, reliably, and economically, with virtually zero effort on your part.

Dr. J. was frustrated and hopeless after years of seeing fewer than 10 new patients per month. She didn’t have the money to keep trying things and have them not work. When I looked at the marketing she’d been doing, it was obvious why she wasn’t getting results. The message was all wrong, and she wasn’t doing the right marketing for her quality of practice. A 30-minute conversation was all it took to help her turn this around, and in less than a month, it was fully resolved. Now she consistently sees enough quality new patients to maintain over $100,000 per month in collections in her solo practice, working 4 days a week.

“With Judy’s help, we dialed in a marketing strategy to bring in quality new patients from Day One and the results occurred exactly as planned! In our first month, we saw over 30 new patients... " - JK, DDS

“The marketing program they recommended resulted in a 50% increase in my new patients within 6 weeks.” – MR, DDS

“They showed me how to increase new patients from under 10 per month to over 35, and these were quality new patients who could afford their needed and prescribed dental care.”